Thursday, October 21, 2010

Career Transition for Dancers Gala in New York--November 8

I was just surfing the net to see about any interesting news in the Dance World, and I came across an announcement for the 25th anniversary of Career Transition for Dancers. CTD is a wonderful organization that helps dancers when they have to hang up the tights and dance shoes, and find a new career. Their work is valuable for dancers--many of whom have never been to college--and now find themselves having to ask a scary question:

"What do I do now???"

I stopped dancing when I was 23, and wish that I was aware about CTD back then. While I knew I wanted/had to go to college, perhaps they could have helped me with that "transition". In fact, the weirdest part of going back to school was actually sitting in a classroom again after 10 years...

Anyway, if you are in New York City on November 8, it might be worth going: The ticket prices look comparable to other shows in NYC, and there will be performances by Joffrey Ballet, ABT and many others. Here's a link for more info: http://www.careertransition.org/AnnualGala/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment