Friday, October 15, 2010

The birth of my Blog

Greetings to all 3 of you who will ever see this for the next 5,000 years!! You should feel special as you are among those fortunate enough to read my first-ever blog!!

As you probably saw from my profile, I am a recent library school graduate from Maryland who is going into a career in performing arts librarianship for a non-profit organization. This blog has been created for several purposes: First, I thought it was time that I FINALLY enter the 21st Century and learn how to use this Web 2.0 stuff. Also, I thought it would be a great way to communicate with other folks involved and/or interested in libraries and archives, the performing arts, and--sometimes current events. Finally, I thought it would be kind of a cool way to chronicle this new chapter of my life...

So on that note, can I ask you to tell me any advice you would have for a newbie blogger?  Any way(s) that blogging has enriched your life??

Cheers!!

A pic of me with another dancer in Richmond Ballet's Nutcracker from 1998. This is from 'Chinese' in the Second Act.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to your first post! As an occassional blogger myself, I'll share this advice: Always tell a story, but keep the story short and sweet. That and don't forget your user name / password. Pain in the foot otherwise :) Serenity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serenity! Thanks so much for the tips. I think you are totally right about keeping it "short and sweet". Funny you mention all the user names and passwords--I need a folder for all the post-it notes that have all my different usernames for all my email accounts--Guesss I may need to go back to library school . :P

    ReplyDelete